One of the most common causes of workplace injury is the falls. It is estimated that falls result in almost 16% of workplace injuries that reduce workplace productivity to a great extent. Thus it becomes extremely important to prevent falls from occurring. Most falls result from people slipping over icy surfaces or tripping over objects placed in the way. Falls from higher floors are a result of falling off the ladder or steps. Although it is difficult to predict accidents, steps and precautionary measures can be taken in order to reduce their likelihood of occurring. Some of the ways in which these accidents can be avoided are as follows:
- Make sure that the floor is never wet. As soon as a spillage occurs it is immediately wiped off.
- Make sure that all the walking pathways i the office or site are free from clutter and no unnecessary object is placed in the passage. Doing this will reduce the chances of tripping over.
- In case someone has to reach objects that are place well above their heads, provide proper ladders for reaching there. Discourage climbing over desks and chairs to reach higher objects.
- Carry load that you can easily handle. If the object is heavier than your lifting capacity it will make you stumble under its load. Also carry those objects whose sizes do not hinder your visibility.
- Always wear good foot wear since you cannot control the nature of surface you walk on, you can at least control what you wear on your feet. This will help you avoid falls.
- Follow the safety guidelines and rules.
Professionals at Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates, P.A will fight to get you the medical or wage benefits you are entitled to under the law. Employers and Insurance Companies have professionals working for them and there are no fees or costs until you recover. It‘s time for you to hire us to protect your rights.